Award season has been in full swing and no event is more anticipated than the Oscars, which are formally known as the Academy Awards, recognising artistic and technical merit in the film industry. For women’s Oscar fashions, off the shoulder gowns were all the rage as well as pastels and silver tones. Let’s take a look at the best-dressed women at the 92nd Academy Awards.
Renee Zellweger has been on fire this awards season and the Oscars were no exception. She won Best Actress for Judy and looked amazing to boot.
Renee wore a simple one-shouldered white Armani couture dress with white beading and sequins. The glittering dress showed off her slim figure and caught the light, a true Hollywood glam leading actress. The dress had a simple, figure-hugging silhouette with thick piping on the top edge and along the left sleeve.
Actress Laura Dern who comes from an acting family won her first Oscar this year. She won for her role in Marriage Story as Best Supporting Actress. Laura wore an Armani Prive tasselled gown. The bodice and main gown were a simple white satin with a longer train in the back, perfectly cut to her figure, but the v-neck neckline and straps contained sparkly beaded black tassels which looked amazing. She accessorised with dropped diamond earrings.
Here’s a full look at her stunning gown.
Scarlett Johansson was nominated for two Oscars this year: Best Actress for her role in Marriage Story and Best Supporting Actress for her role in Jojo Rabbit (only the 12th actor to have received nominations in both categories in the same year).
Scarlett came on the red carpet with fiance Colin Jost wearing a stunning cream silver gown by Oscar de la Renta. The satin skirt and train were fitted to the hips and waist with a corset bodice with fabric draping and sheer cutouts and tassels and detailing on the left hip. The dress glittered as she walked and she accessorised with large diamond earrings. She wore her hair in an elegant twist with silver hair bands.
What was your favourite outfit at the Oscars?
Let us know in the comments which outfit you loved and which you didn’t. Did we forget to mention a ladies’ outfit that you absolutely loved? Tell us!
Get in touch with tailoring team today if you have a look you are dying to create for your next event. We design high-quality, custom-made suits, separates, and overcoats in a range of styles, fabrics, linings, cuts, colours, and customisations.
Can’t get enough fashion blogs?
We publish blogs weekly about the latest in award shows and galas, upcoming fashion trends, fashion trends that are here to stay, The Graham Norton Show, Fashion Week around the world, and more. Check out some of our past posts below.
- The Grammys 2020 Best Dressed Men
- The Grammys 2020 Best Dressed Women
- The BAFTAs 2020 Best Dressed Women
- The BAFTAs 2020 Best Dressed Men
- The SAG Awards Best Dressed Men
- The SAG Awards Best Dressed Women
- White Bespoke Evening Wear
- Bespoke Printed & Floral Suiting Styles
- Custom Made Jacquard Evening Wear
- Black Tie Wedding Attire
- The Golden Globes 2020: Best Dressed Men
- The Golden Globes 2020: Best Dressed Women
- The Fashion Awards 2019: Best Dressed Men
- The Fashion Awards 2019: Best Dressed Women
- What to Wear This New Year’s Eve 2019: Men’s Edition
- What to Wear This New Year’s Eve 2019: Ladies’ Edition
- London Fashion Week Fall 2019 Runway and Street Style
- New York Fashion Week Fall 2019 Runway and Street Style
- Roundup 2019 Fashion Inspiration: New York Fashion Week Women’s Runway Style
- Roundup 2019 Fashion Inspiration: Ladies’ Fashion Week Street Style, New York