Every year The Academy Awards, or more commonly, The Oscars, are a much-anticipated Hollywood event. The Academy Awards celebrate and recognise artistic and technical merit in the film industry each year but they also produce some of the best (and most memorable) fashion moments each year. Many of the awards season fashions have focussed on sustainability, which is an excellent cause. After all, once you have a good quality suit, why not wear it again and again? Let’s take a look at the best-dressed men at the 92nd annual Academy Awards.
Brad Pitt is certainly sweeping up this awards season and he won Best Supporting Actor for his role in Once Upon A Time in Hollywood.
Brad wore an impeccably cut contrasting silk shawl lapelled classic single-breasted black velvet tuxedo with a single-button closure and a white button-up french cuff shirt with hidden buttons and black bow tie. He wore tailored black trousers and black leather shoes. A classic all round!
Taika Waititi won the Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay for Jojo Rabbit. Taika looked smart in a classic tuxedo with slightly pointed lapels and interesting collar detailing. The tux had flap pockets, a single button closure, and a pocket square. He wore a lapel pin on his white button-up french cuff shirt, and showed off his watch in publicity photos.
Joaquin Phoenix’s Stella McCartney tux has been written about often by us this awards season. It’s amazing that he’s dedicated to fashion sustainability. This Oscars he won for Best Actor for Joker.
It was his first Oscar and fourth nomination. He wore a shawl lapel black tuxedo with contrasting silk lapels and a button-up shirt (with visible buttons).
What was your favourite suit at the Oscars?
Is there a celebrity who wowed you? Let us know in the comments? Whose outfit was a miss? Did we miss someone important off the list? Write to us!
If you have a fantastic suit you need to create for your next event, get in touch with our tailoring team today for high-quality, custom-made suits in a range of styles, fabrics, linings, cuts, colours, and customisations.
Can’t get enough fashion blogs?
We publish blogs weekly about the latest in award shows and galas, upcoming fashion trends, fashion trends that are here to stay, Fashion Week, The Graham Norton Show, and more. Check out some of our past posts below.
- The Grammys 2020 Best Dressed Men
- The Grammys 2020 Best Dressed Women
- The BAFTAs 2020 Best Dressed Women
- The BAFTAs 2020 Best Dressed Men
- The SAG Awards Best Dressed Men
- The SAG Awards Best Dressed Women
- White Bespoke Evening Wear
- Bespoke Printed & Floral Suiting Styles
- Custom Made Jacquard Evening Wear
- Black Tie Wedding Attire
- The Golden Globes 2020: Best Dressed Men
- The Golden Globes 2020: Best Dressed Women
- The Fashion Awards 2019: Best Dressed Men
- The Fashion Awards 2019: Best Dressed Women
- What to Wear This New Year’s Eve 2019: Men’s Edition
- What to Wear This New Year’s Eve 2019: Ladies’ Edition
- London Fashion Week Fall 2019 Runway and Street Style
- New York Fashion Week Fall 2019 Runway and Street Style
- Roundup 2019 Fashion Inspiration: New York Fashion Week Women’s Runway Style
- Roundup 2019 Fashion Inspiration: Ladies’ Fashion Week Street Style, New York