New York Fashion Week kicks off the fashion season and is one of the main events of the fashion calendar. There are two fashion weeks in the calendar year, February and September, and they each last for seven to nine days. It’s an opportunity for designers to show off their fashion collections to the public, the press, and buyers. These fashion looks often dictate upcoming trends in both the high fashion and high street world.
What looks have been spotted on the runway? What are we likely to be wearing in the fall? Let’s explore the New York Fashion Week Fall 2020 men’s fashion roundup.
Olivia Palermo Collection
Jislain Duval, Johannes Huebl, and David Miller pose on 12 February at New York Fashion Week during the Olivia Palermo Collection show.Embed from Getty Images
These three suits are incredibly stylish. All in a neutral palette of navy, grey, and black, they each have impeccable tailoring. The suit separates of the navy is great for the office or a garden party. The double-breasted pinstripe power suit and pocket square will work in any boardroom or event. And that casual grey single-breasted wool suit is a classic that will last for many seasons and can be dressed up and down.
Here we see Cameron Dallas at the Michael Kors FW20 Runway Show. He’s wearing an interesting take on a pinstripe suit that features a navy background, notched lapels, and loose threads, which create a pattern. He keeps this look casual with converse trainers and a white t-shirt. He keeps the single-breasted blazer undone to reveal that he didn’t accessorise with a belt. This look is simple to recreate and can feel very comfortable and casual for a dress-down casual Friday in the office.Embed from Getty Images
Also at the Michael Kors event, Austin Augie opts for this 1970s inspired pointed lapel suit in grey tweed with a large collared button-up black shirt with contrasting white buttons. He even opts for a flared trouser!Embed from Getty Images
Actor Al-Teron Williams rocks an amazing floral three-piece single-breasted suit with a black background. The look is sleek, sharp, stylish, and showstopping. He paired the thin cotton suit with a warm red turtleneck and smart black leather boots.Embed from Getty Images
He was also spotted outside the Naeem Khan show earlier in the day wearing a floral pink two-piece suit with a black turtleneck and the same boots. perhaps, that’s the reason for the duffel bag!Embed from Getty Images
Either way, he looks amazing and the look is similar to our upcoming fabric collection. Take a look!
For a more classic and toned down look, we take note of Simon Collins, the ex-dean of the world-renown Fashion School at Parson’s New School for Design. He was on the front row of the Sheguang Hu fashion show wearing a classic grey-beige tweed suit with single-breasted closure, flap pockets, medium notched lapels, a crisp white button-up, and a classic red tie.Embed from Getty Images
What was your outfit on the runway?
Which outfits did you love and which shocked you (in a good or bad way)? Let us know in the comments if we hit the mark or missed out on a great designer.
If you have been inspired by these upcoming runway trends and want to be ahead of the fashion curve, get in touch with our tailoring team today. We create high-quality, custom-made suits in a range of styles, fabrics, linings, cuts, colours, and customisations–from custom buttons and piping to the right pocket placement, cuff length, or trouser length.
Want more fashion topics?
We publish blogs every week about the latest in award shows and galas, upcoming fashion trends, fashion trends that are here to stay, The Graham Norton Show, and more. Check out some of our past posts below.
- New York Fashion Week Fall 2020 Ladies’ Fashion Roundup
- The Oscars 2020 Best Dressed Women
- The Oscars 2020 Best Dressed Men
- The Grammys 2020 Best Dressed Men
- The Grammys 2020 Best Dressed Women
- The BAFTAs 2020 Best Dressed Women
- The BAFTAs 2020 Best Dressed Men
- The SAG Awards Best Dressed Men
- The SAG Awards Best Dressed Women
- White Bespoke Evening Wear
- Bespoke Printed & Floral Suiting Styles
- Custom Made Jacquard Evening Wear
- Black Tie Wedding Attire
- The Golden Globes 2020: Best Dressed Men
- The Golden Globes 2020: Best Dressed Women
- The Fashion Awards 2019: Best Dressed Men
- The Fashion Awards 2019: Best Dressed Women
- What to Wear This New Year’s Eve 2019: Men’s Edition
- What to Wear This New Year’s Eve 2019: Ladies’ Edition
- London Fashion Week Fall 2019 Runway and Street Style
- New York Fashion Week Fall 2019 Runway and Street Style
- Roundup 2019 Fashion Inspiration: New York Fashion Week Women’s Runway Style
- Roundup 2019 Fashion Inspiration: Ladies’ Fashion Week Street Style, New York