New York Fashion Week is one of the main fashion events of the season. It’s held in February and September each year, lasting for a week to nine days. Fashion collections are shown to buyers, the press, and the public and often fashion week designs dictate upcoming trends in high fashion and on the high street.
Which designers are hot this season? What are they doing and what will we be wearing next Autumn? Let’s take a look at our New York Fashion Week Fall 2020 ladies’ fashion roundup.
The designer Brandon Maxwell is known for his impeccable tailoring and craftsmanship. With an effort to focus on sustainability, his entire collection was created in New York. Amazing women such as Michelle Obama, Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, Oprah Winfrey, Kate Hudson, Lady Gaga, Gwyneth Paltrow and Uma Thurman have been known to wear his designs.
Here are some highlights from the show.
You can see a white tailored jumpsuit, some classic black suiting looks, sleek form-fitting dresses, tailored dresses and overcoats, and much more in a palette mostly of blacks, whites, greys, and beiges. He has used luxurious silk fabrics as well as chiffons and fabrics to add sparkle. One dress resembles something Audrey Hepburn would have worn.
The award-winning designer Michael Kors produces fashion under many labels: Michael Kors Collection, MICHAEL Michael Kors and Michael Kors Mens labels. He aims to create timeless pieces.
Let’s take a look at his Fall collection.
This fall we will see a lot of knits, tailored capes, and tweed! Michael Kors’ silhouettes are less fitted and more flowy and open, which is perfect for comfort the next cold season! Pleated skirts are in as are sparkly dresses and dresses with blazers.
Gabriella Hearst is an Uruguayan luxury ready-to-wear designer for women. She is the first brand to embrace a carbon-neutral fashion promise. She reduced her carbon footprint at her show by doing things like booking models who didn’t have to fly; hiring catering teams who used local, sustainable and seasonal food; and reducing backstage appliances. She will also reduce emissions by donating associated production energy costs to the Hifadhi-Livelihoods Project in Kenya, providing modern cooking stoves to Kenyan families which will cut down on food waste and fumes associated with cooking with wood.
She has dressed many women from Gillian Anderson, Victoria Beckham, Laura Dern, Lena Dunham to Anne Hathaway, Nicole Kidman, Emma Stone, Brie Larson, and Demi Moore (and so many more).
This season, her looks embrace flowing silhouettes paired with classic tailoring on blazers, overcoats, and jackets. She uses a range of neutral coloured fabrics with occasional pops of colour and native South American patterns.
Overall New York Fashion Week highlights
Want more trends? here are some highlights from Harper’s Bazaar.
What was your favourite featured designer at New York Fashion Week?
Were you inspired by any of these looks this season? Let us know in the comments if we missed your favourite designer. If you’ve been inspired by one of these looks and want to create your own custom outfit, get in touch with our tailoring team today. We create high-quality, custom-made suits, overcoats, jackets, and more in a range of styles, fabrics, linings, cuts, colours, and customisations.
Want more fashion topics?
We publish blogs weekly about the latest in award shows and galas, fashion week, upcoming fashion trends, fashion trends that are here to stay, The Graham Norton Show, and more. Check out some of our past posts below.
- The Oscars 2020 Best Dressed Women
- The Oscars 2020 Best Dressed Men
- The Grammys 2020 Best Dressed Men
- The Grammys 2020 Best Dressed Women
- The BAFTAs 2020 Best Dressed Women
- The BAFTAs 2020 Best Dressed Men
- The SAG Awards Best Dressed Men
- The SAG Awards Best Dressed Women
- White Bespoke Evening Wear
- Bespoke Printed & Floral Suiting Styles
- Custom Made Jacquard Evening Wear
- Black Tie Wedding Attire
- The Golden Globes 2020: Best Dressed Men
- The Golden Globes 2020: Best Dressed Women
- The Fashion Awards 2019: Best Dressed Men
- The Fashion Awards 2019: Best Dressed Women
- What to Wear This New Year’s Eve 2019: Men’s Edition
- What to Wear This New Year’s Eve 2019: Ladies’ Edition
- London Fashion Week Fall 2019 Runway and Street Style
- New York Fashion Week Fall 2019 Runway and Street Style
- Roundup 2019 Fashion Inspiration: New York Fashion Week Women’s Runway Style
- Roundup 2019 Fashion Inspiration: Ladies’ Fashion Week Street Style, New York