The third week in the ‘Big Four’ fashion weeks is reserved for Milan. It’s the last runway season before Paris Fashion Week rounds off the season. Like its cousins New York and London, Milan Fashion Week occurs semi-annually to showcase designers to the public, the press, and potential buyers. The autumn/winter show happens in February/March of each year and the spring/summer shows are held in September/October in Milan, Italy.
Fashion Week influences fashion for the masses on the high-street and for the elite at the high-end. What will the upcoming trends be next Fall? Let’s explore Milan Fashion Week Fall 2020 men’s fashion roundup.
The Gucci runway was alive with colour against some neutrals. The cuts were almost reminiscent of the 1960s and 1970s. There was wool, plaid, corduroy, and yellow and purple knitted jumpers, and emerald green velvet trousers! Some notched collars, rounded collars, shawl lapels, boxy cuts, baggy cuts, and everything in between. And many people on the runway were wearing what looked like grey polyester prison pyjamas. Take a look!Embed from Getty Images Embed from Getty Images Embed from Getty Images Embed from Getty Images
A Cold Wall
For the A Cold Wall runway, the cuts were boxy in bright colours. Take a look at these matching double-breasted flap-pocket suits, one in black and one in electric blue, one paired with canvas shoes and the other leather. The other suit in darker, more subtle green is boxy in cut with a baggy tailored trouser, finished with a mustard button-up, and skater shoes.Embed from Getty Images Embed from Getty Images Embed from Getty Images
The Armani runway had a touch of luxury with rich velvet, corduroy, and wool suits in their collection. The first double-breasted waistcoat three-piece suit with contrasting silk lapels looked stunning with matching black velvet loafers with a teal tassel detail and piping. The grey shirt with a pink paisley pattern finished off the look well.Embed from Getty Images
The baggy black corduroy double-breasted suit was less polished than the three-piece but kept in this season’s trends of baggy cuts. It was paired with a contrasting turtleneck.Embed from Getty Images
The double-breasted wool check suit in grey and brown had a unique matching shirt underneath made of the suit fabric.Embed from Getty Images
The final look was a military-inspired green velvet suit with baggy trousers and turned cuffs.Embed from Getty Images
Which designer’s collection was your favourite in Milan?
Tell us in the comments which designer wowed you and which one didn’t. We’d love to know.
If you’re inspired by the runway and want help creating an amazing custom design just for you, contact our tailoring team today. We create high-quality, custom-made suits in a range of styles, fabrics, linings, cuts, colours, and customisations.
Want more fashion topics?
We publish blogs weekly about the latest in award shows and galas, upcoming fashion trends, fashion mainstays, Fashion Week coverage, The Graham Norton Show, and more. Check out some of our past posts below.
- New York Fashion Week Fall 2020 Ladies’ Fashion Roundup
- New York Fashion Week Fall 2020 Men’s Fashion Roundup
- London Fashion Week Fall 2020 Women’s Fashion Roundup
- London Fashion Week Fall 2020 Men’s Fashion Roundup
- The Oscars 2020 Best Dressed Women
- The Oscars 2020 Best Dressed Men
- The Grammys 2020 Best Dressed Men
- The Grammys 2020 Best Dressed Women
- The BAFTAs 2020 Best Dressed Women
- The BAFTAs 2020 Best Dressed Men
- The SAG Awards Best Dressed Men
- The SAG Awards Best Dressed Women
- White Bespoke Evening Wear
- Bespoke Printed & Floral Suiting Styles
- Custom Made Jacquard Evening Wear
- Black Tie Wedding Attire
- The Golden Globes 2020: Best Dressed Men
- The Golden Globes 2020: Best Dressed Women
- The Fashion Awards 2019: Best Dressed Men
- The Fashion Awards 2019: Best Dressed Women
- What to Wear This New Year’s Eve 2019: Men’s Edition
- What to Wear This New Year’s Eve 2019: Ladies’ Edition
- London Fashion Week Fall 2019 Runway and Street Style
- New York Fashion Week Fall 2019 Runway and Street Style
- Roundup 2019 Fashion Inspiration: New York Fashion Week Women’s Runway Style
- Roundup 2019 Fashion Inspiration: Ladies’ Fashion Week Street Style, New York