London Fashion Week, or LFW for short, is a fashion trade show that takes place after NYFW twice a year in February and September. Like New York Fashion Week, it aims to showcase collections to the press, the public, and buyers, influencing the media and retailers on the high street and high-end lines. It’s one of the ‘Big Four’ fashion weeks each year.
Let’s take a look at London Fashion Week Fall 2020 ladies’ fashion roundup to see what trends are likely to hit our wardrobes next Fall.
We see model Kendall Jenner in a tailored organza skirt in grey plaid and a fitted bra-style camisole top in red plaid with sheer panels.Embed from Getty Images
Another look features another model a wearing grey and beige plaid matching outfit–tailored shirt and trousers–with two tailored overcoats. One in the classic Burberry beige and another one in white. This layered look is mirrored on the men’s runway too.Embed from Getty Images
The Erdem runway features a cool colour palette with silvers, beige, grey, black, and cool blues and greens dominating.
One model wears a unique checkered black and white single-breasted suit with notched lapels and large prominent black buttons and a feather headdress.Embed from Getty Images
The collection also features knits paired with floral dresses and some sparkly dresses too!Embed from Getty Images Embed from Getty Images
The Christopher Kane runway featured some neutrals but with pops of ruby and emerald. The prevalent style was loose tailoring as seen on this model with a two-piece suit that doesn’t have a defined waist and is almost an unfitted peplum style in grey wool with notched lapels.Embed from Getty Images
Another model wears an oversized white blazer and tailored trousers with a graphic t-shirt underneath, depicting Adam and Eve.Embed from Getty Images
This model wears a loosely tailored velvet dress with a slightly ruched skirt giving the bodice and skirt an almost Tudor appearance. The main feature of the dress is a giant bow across the collarbones.Embed from Getty Images
Haper’s Bazaar did an overview of the trends. You can see that casual, looser silhouettes are on-trend as are sparkles, sequins, and glitter but tailoring is still in style (thankfully!). We see fitted and cutout bodices and more neutral colour palettes this Fall, too. And check out Richard Quinn’s showstoping outfits on his models!
Inspired by any fashion week outfits?
If you’re inspired by the designs on the runway and want to get ahead of the design trends for Fall, contact with our tailoring team today. We create high-quality, custom-made suits in a range of styles, fabrics, linings, cuts, colours, and customisations. You can have a look straight from the runway, designed with you in mind by working with our amazing tailors. Design the best suit of your life!
Want more fashion topics?
We publish blogs weekly about the latest in award shows and galas, Fashion Week, upcoming fashion trends, fashion trends that are here to stay, The Graham Norton Show, and more. Check out some of our past posts below.
- New York Fashion Week Fall 2020 Ladies’ Fashion Roundup
- New York Fashion Week Fall 2020 Men’s Fashion Roundup
- The Oscars 2020 Best Dressed Women
- The Oscars 2020 Best Dressed Men
- The Grammys 2020 Best Dressed Men
- The Grammys 2020 Best Dressed Women
- The BAFTAs 2020 Best Dressed Women
- The BAFTAs 2020 Best Dressed Men
- The SAG Awards Best Dressed Men
- The SAG Awards Best Dressed Women
- White Bespoke Evening Wear
- Bespoke Printed & Floral Suiting Styles
- Custom Made Jacquard Evening Wear
- Black Tie Wedding Attire
- The Golden Globes 2020: Best Dressed Men
- The Golden Globes 2020: Best Dressed Women
- The Fashion Awards 2019: Best Dressed Men
- The Fashion Awards 2019: Best Dressed Women
- What to Wear This New Year’s Eve 2019: Men’s Edition
- What to Wear This New Year’s Eve 2019: Ladies’ Edition
- London Fashion Week Fall 2019 Runway and Street Style
- New York Fashion Week Fall 2019 Runway and Street Style
- Roundup 2019 Fashion Inspiration: New York Fashion Week Women’s Runway Style
- Roundup 2019 Fashion Inspiration: Ladies’ Fashion Week Street Style, New York